You might remember that I recently posted about our Ooey Gooey Rice Krispy Treats which are one of our long time family favorites. Well, we have added a new variation into our favorites list now too! Meet the Oreo Rice Krispy Treat…
The cool thing about Oreos is that I remember eating them back when I was younger. Now the tradition continues on with my kids, and probably their kids one day too!
It is so fun to watch how people eat them so differently too. My daughter eats the cream out of them and leaves the chocolate cookie. My middle son licks the cream out of the middle and then eats the chocolate cookie. My oldest just puts the whole cookie in his mouth and enjoys.
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 package of mini marshmallows
- ½ cup marshmallow cream
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 20 Oreos, chopped
- Grease a 13x9 pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat.
- Add mini marshmallows and marshmallow cream and melt. Be careful to not over cook marshmallows. Do not let them melt completely.
- Take off the heat. Add the cereal and Oreos. Stir to coat.
- Press into your prepared pan. You can use wax paper or spray your hands with cooking spray.
- Cool for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Ok, now how do YOU eat your Oreos??