These Dulce de Leche Cookie Bars are so amazingly delicious I can’t even put into words how much I love them. They came out of the oven and were so ooey and gooey that I had to grab a bite, or two, or three, before they had cooled. Bad Shari, but I have zero patience when it comes to waiting for things. These smelled so good that there was no way that I could wait another second for a bite.
The kids started coming from school not long after these came out of the oven and I had each of them try one. They all said they were delicious. My daughter said they were “heavenly.” Now that’s a compliment if I have ever heard one. 🙂 Seriously, these things are SINFUL. I could just sit down and eat the entire pan by myself. Needless to say, today’s diet was blown rather quickly. There’s always tomorrow, right?
Honestly, who can resist caramel and toffee together? I mean, is there any better combination? I think not. Of course, you could add in some chocolate chips and find out. Hmmm… I see another blog post coming on soon! 😉
These would also make a great addition to your holiday dessert table too.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 13.4 oz dulce de leche
- 1 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, brown sugar and salt.
- Using a fork, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Set aside ¼ of crumb mixture for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a small saucepan, heat dulce de leche over low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring until softened.
- Spread the dulce de leche over crust. Sprinkle the toffee bits evenly. Then sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Run knife around the sides of pan to loosen the bars. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.