We have been known to eat out a lot around here. With a family of five that can get quite expensive. I decided to go on a quest of finding or creating recipes that were similar to our restaurant favorites.
Have you had Chili’s Skillet Queso? If not, you are missing out. We get it as an appetizer every time we go. It is so creamy and warm. Combine that with their amazing tortilla chips and you have a true winning combination. This recipe is almost identical to the original, although my kids say it is even better.
I couldn’t wait to share this one with you because we love it and make it quite often.
- 16 oz. box of Velveeta Cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 15 oz. can Hormel Chili (with or without beans, your choice)
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 lb. brownded ground beef
- In a skillet, brown ground beef, drain and set aside.
- Cut Velveeta into cubes.
- Combine Velveeta with the remaining ingredients (minus the beef) in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir frequently until cheese melts.
- Once cheese is melted, stir in ground beef.
- Mix thoroughly and serve.