Whenever we go to our local pizza buffet, we immediately check out the dessert cart to make sure that they have this on there. If not, we request that they make it. I know you aren’t surprised since you already know my love for ALL things cinnamon sugar. The funny thing is that I had never made it at home before. Well, until this week. Oh my goodness. I probably shouldn’t have made it because now we are going to be craving it.
This recipe is one of those great short cut recipes too because it uses Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough. I am all about shortcuts and Pillsbury is definitely a go to in that area. This is especially true on busy weeknights. I am planning to try one with a homemade crust soon and will be sure to let you know how it compares.
In the meantime, here is a GREAT little sweet treat that I know your whole family will enjoy.
- ¼ cup butter, cold
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- dash of salt
- ½ cup flour
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp soft butter
- 1¼ tsp vanilla
- 1½ Tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, add sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and flour. Now cut in the cold butter to form crumbs.
- Separate crescent rolls dough into the pre-scored triangles and place on your cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Put in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix together your glaze ingredients. Microwave for 15 seconds and stir again.
- Now drizzle over the pizza.
Adapted from Chef in Training.