Old El Paso helped me with dinner one night this weekend. They sent us a box of their newest products to try. I was so excited since everyone knows how much we LOVE Mexican food. I can honestly say that we have one or more products from Old El Paso every time we have a mexican night. I don’t think they make anything that we don’t like!
When I first opened the box to find these Stand n’ Stuff Flour Tortillas, I wasn’t quite sure what you were to do with them. At first glance, I thought they looked too big to eat as tacos. Then I thought they must be more like edible burrito bowls. However, once I took them out of their package, I knew that they were meant to be eaten like a taco. But don’t get me wrong, they would make yummy edible burrito bowls too! What a great idea!
We love soft tacos, but they can be so hard to fill. You end up not putting nearly enough into them because you know they will make a huge mess when you go to close them up and eat them. Right off the bat, my family commented on how much neater it was eating these tacos. Your liquids and toppings weren’t constantly falling out the back of your taco. It held together rather than tearing or falling apart. The biggest bonus is that you can fill that sucker up with LOTS more goodies than you can a regular flour taco tortilla. We were all instantly sold on these!
Will I buy them again? Absolutely!! I posed the question, “What is something that you don’t like about them?” No one could come up with anything. Now that says a LOT coming from my picky kids.
Now it’s time to make your own soft taco or burrito bowl. We don’t get overly fancy with ours, but you certainly could. There are so many great things you can top these with. Yum!!!
- 1½ lb. ground beef
- taco seasoning
- Stand n' Stuff Flour Tortillas
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- pico de gallo
- white queso
- shredded lettuce
- Black beans
- refried beans
- In a large skillet, brown your ground beef on medium-high heat. Then drain off excess oil.
- Add taco seasoning to your ground beef. Follow directions for taco seasoning. Once cooked, set aside.
- Heat your Stand n' Stuff Flour Tortillas in the microwave or oven. Follow directions on the package.
- Spread a layer of ground beef on the bottom of your tortillas. Then sprinkle shredded cheese over the ground beef. Follow that with a spoonful of white queso, a helping of sour cream and then top with pico de gallo.
- Feel free to add any other topping you wish. Enjoy!