We eat Mexican pretty regularly around here. As a matter of fact, it’s guaranteed to be on the menu at least once a week. Sometimes even more than that. I love burritos, fajitas, cilantro lime rice, pico de gallo, chips and salsa, etc. What’s not to like?
I used to always buy those packages of seasoned spanish rice or mexican rice. I was never satisfied with how they tasted. As a matter of fact, for the longest time I just didn’t like spanish rice at all. Well, that was until I tried this. I haven’t looked back since. It is super easy to make with your rice cooker. It is absolutely delicious. We use it a lot as a side dish, as well as inside our burritos. So good.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped fine)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Add the olive oil, onion & garlic to your rice maker.
- Press the saute button.
- Using a long handed spoon stir ingredients frequently and saute for about 5 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add remaining ingredients (minus rice) to the rice maker. Stir well.
- Then add in rice and stir.
- Now choose the white rice setting on your rice cooker and allow it to cook.
- Once the rice is finished, the cooker should automatically switch to the "keep-warm" mode.