Have you visited the Skinnygirl web site before? If not, you really should. It is full of really fun great information.
- Founded on the practical, healthy lifestyle expertise of Bethenny Frankel, Skinnygirl provides solutions to women’s most common health concerns making the path to healthier living as fun and straightforward as possible.
- Products are created with distinctly high standards for the best ingredient quality, nutrient content, and taste.
- Skinnygirl empowers women to lead balanced lives by making healthy choices easy.
They recently contacted me to try out their new Skinnygirl Tasty Nutritional Bars. I am always looking for healthier snacks so I was excited to try them.
I received three different flavors of the bars…
- Banana Oatmeal Dark Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate Pretzel
- Chocolate Peanut Butter with Sea Salt
I can be pretty pick about dark chocolate. With some things I like it and with others I don’t. Needless to say, I was a little skeptical about how well I would like these. Here is a little info about them for you…
About Skinnygirl Tasty Nutrition Bars:
- Skinnygirl Tasty Nutrition Bars offer all the benefits you want (less than 200 calories, an excellent source of protein and good source of fiber) without compromising on the decadent flavors that you love.
- They are also are gluten free, Kosher and contain no artificial sweeteners or flavors.
- Flavors include Chocolate Peanut Butter with Sea Salt, Dark Chocolate Pretzel and Banana Oatmeal Dark Chocolate.
- Skinnygirl Tasty Nutrition Bars are available nationwide at retailers including Target stores, as well as online.
The first one I tried was the Banana Oatmeal Dark Chocolate. I am a banana and oatmeal lover so I figured it was the safest to start with. It isn’t a large bar by any means but it packed with great taste. I immediately decided that these were on the keeper list for sure. They had a great texture and taste to them. There was plenty of banana flavor without it tasting artificial. I can’t stand artificial banana anything. I thought it had the perfect amount of chocolate to it also. I will definitely be buying these again.
Next up we tried the Chocolate Peanut Butter with Sea Salt bars. These were really delicious too. These have the softest texture of the three but yet had a crunchy bite due to the peanuts. There was plenty of great flavor in these. Even my hubby and kids thought these were great.
Then we tried the Dark Chocolate Pretzel. Again, a great texture. These were good, but we all felt that there wasn’t enough pretzel taste. We kept trying to taste pretzel and just never really could pick it out. So my only suggestion would be to improve that. Don’t get me wrong though, they are good!
Will we be buying these? Yes, I think we will. You can go to this link and check to see where they are located near you. Skinnygirl was sweet enough to offer myself and my readers a $1.00 coupon code to use on an online order. Just go to their web site www.skinnygirldaily.com then click and products and choose which one you would like to order. Then at checkout you will enter the coupon code SNACKSWAP21.
Speaking of the Skinnygirl Snack Swap, this month they released a whole new web site designed to help you swap your favorite higher calorie snacks for ones that are more nutritional. You can visit it at www.skinnygirlsnackswap.com.
For instance, I went in and said I wanted a better snack for chocolate cake which is chocolately and sweet. It then recommended this Skinny Chocolate Cake For One.
About the Skinnygirl Snack Swap:
- Throughout the month of September, Skinnygirl is encouraging women to swap out their snacks for more healthful options with the Skinnygirl Snack Swap campaign.
- The Skinnygirl Snack Swap website* features a playful tool that asks users to choose their favorite snack and then personally picks healthier options to match that craving.
- The site has plenty of nutritionist-approved healthy snack recipes, and a social media component to share the snack swap on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. #sgsnackswap
Be sure to check out SkinnyGirl on all of of your favorite social media channels. You can find them at:
- Skinnygirl Daily Website: http://bit.ly/1A6hw7K
- Skinnygirl Daily Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1tAnbi0
- Skinnygirl Twitter: http://bit.ly/1jVs8RP
- Skinnygirl Instagram: http://bit.ly/1ngUVQS
We’re having a giveaway!!! Enter below to win a box of your own Skinnygirl Tasty Nutritional Bars and a $25 Target Gift card!!
(Open to anyone 18 years of age and older residing in the United States.)
Disclosure: The Skinnygirl Tasty Nutrition Bar samples, Target gift card, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by Skinnygirl. All opinions expressed are my own.