You are going to love this Skinny French Toast that I have for you today. Not too long ago, I was introduced to French Toast by my son Logan when we were on a trip. We were in Gatlinburg, TN and he ordered his favorite french toast from the Pancake Pantry. By the way, if you haven’t eaten there before you HAVE to put that on your bucket list. I am not a big breakfast eater, but their food is awesome! Here is their menu so you can see all they have to offer.
Their french toast is obviously NOT skinny by any means but oh so delicious. When we got home, I was determined to find a way to make a lighter version so that I could still indulge every now and again. This is what I do to make this guilty pleasure a little skinnier, yet still super yummy!
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup Skim Milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 slices Healthy Life White Bread
- Sugar Free Pancake Syrup (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg whites, cinnamon, coffee creamer and vanilla.
- Dip each side of all pieces of bread in the egg mixture.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook each side of bread to desired darkness.
- Place finished french toast on a plate and pour over with sugar free syrup.
- Dust lightly with powdered sugar.
I have another favorite inspired from that restaurant coming to the blog next week. It features my favorite ingredient… CINNAMON! 🙂