My biggest challenge is that I like something sweet after each meal. Oh, and I might also tend to graze the kitchen throughout the day. I am always going through there to do laundry or other tasks. It is just so easy to grab a cookie or snack. I knew I needed to come up with some healthier options that were still just as convenient. In comes these amazing Skinny Banana Bread Cookies.
These cookies are so delicious. I have a confession to make. I don’t handle moderation very well. I am an all or none kind of girl. At least with these cookies I know that I am eating something healthy rather than junk. That makes me feel good even on the days when the scale doesn’t move and I know I ate about 10 of these. 😉
This recipe came together because, as you know, I have a sincere love of Oatmeal Raisin cookies, or bars or milkshakes… The list could go on and on. I wanted something that would fit my craving. I started playing around and came up with these. They are absolutely delicious. It proved to me that healthy can be very tasty. 😉
Do these not look just absolutely scrumptious?? I am fighting the urge to head into the kitchen right now and scarf down the whole container full.
Don’t you love a recipe that feels sinful when you eat it but it’s actually healthy? I do!
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 very ripe large banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup raisins
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, banana, honey, egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
- Now stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop Tablespoon size cookies onto a parchment lined or greased baking pan.
- Flatten slightly with your spatula.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container.
* You can also take out the raisins to cut more sugar.