Today, I have some AMAZING Pumpkin Bars with a Biscoff Cookie Crust. But first, can you believe that Thanksgiving has already come and gone? Did you have a good one? I hope your day was spent surrounded by loved ones, whether that be family and/or friends. We had a great Thanksgiving over here. I do have to confess that I didn’t cook Thanksgiving dinner. We went to Cracker Barrel. Truth be told, I have probably spent more Thanksgivings in Cracker Barrels and airport restaurants than not. You see, I grew up with a dad that’s an airline pilot. He is usually flying over the Holidays so we would meet him at a restaurant when it worked out. Then a few years, it somehow worked out that hubby and I were in a new city looking for a place to live over the holiday because he was taking a new position with work. This year, my dad was flying again so we decided to forego cooking and head back to Cracker Barrel. While the meal wasn’t bad, we decided that next year we are going back to cooking. It just isn’t the same at a restaurant.
While I didn’t get any pictures during dinner, I did manage to sweet talk my kids and hubby into some pictures downtown afterwards. Oh my goodness, I treasure those pictures more than I can even begin to tell you. They are growing up so fast. I am so grateful for my camera and the ability to capture these fleeting moments. This is one of my favorites. I am sure I will be sharing more of them with you soon. I just love them all!
Ok, enough about that. Now on to what you came over here for… Pumpkin Bars with a Biscoff Cookie Crust. I know some of you may say it’s too late now for more pumpkin recipes, but I beg to differ. I love pumpkin year round. These have that delicious taste of pumpkin pie but taken to a whole new level. I had never made pumpkin bars before so wasn’t sure if I would like them. Oh my… these are now a new family favorite. I can promise you they have a permanent home in our favorite baking file.
- 1½ cups Biscoff Cookies, finely crushed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ can pumpkin (7.5 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Using a food processor, or ziplock bag with a mallet, crush Biscoff cookies into fine crumbs.
- Add Biscoff cookies and melted butter to a small bowl and blend well. Press onto the bottom of an 8x8 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until well combined.
- Add in pumpkin, spice, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Add eggs one at a time and blend on low speed after each one.
- Pour mixture over crusts.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the center is just set. Cool pan on a wire rack. Then refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.
Adapted from Kraft.
Have you tried my Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Icing yet? They are so soft and just melt in your mouth. Yum! Or Mom’s Famous Pumpkin Pie with the Flaky Pastry Pie Crust? Don’t forget about the 35+ Pumpkin Dessert Recipes Round Up that I posted recently as well!