This Cinnamon Apple Crumb Pie is so easy to make and you’ll have everyone thinking you slaved in the kitchen all day making it. I love all kinds of cooking, but quick and easy recipes are some of my favorites.
My oldest son and husband LOVE apple pie. I had only made apple pie once and that was in the form of hand pies. I decided I wanted to try something a little different this time so when I spotted this recipe in a cookbook I have, I knew it was perfect. The only thing I might do different next time is cut up the apples in my pie filling to smaller pieces. I felt like some of them were a bit too big. That’s just a personal preference thing though.
- 1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling
- 1 unbaked frozen pie crust
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1½ to 2 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Put pecan shortbread cookies in a food processor to crush. You can also put them in a large ziploc bag and crush them with a kitchen mallet. Set aside.
- Pour the pie filling into the pie crust.
- Sprinkled cinnamon over the pie filling. Dot with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Melt the remaining butter and combine in a small bowl with the crushed cookies. Stir well until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the filling. Cover the top of the pie loosely with foil.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°, remove the foil, and bake for 40-45 minutes. The crust should be golden brown and the filling should be bubbly.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours.
I hope you will give a try and let me know what you think! 🙂