We love eating out. Some nights just scream for a meal away from home. You know what I mean. It’s been a super busy or stressful day and you just don’t feel like cooking and cleaning up the mess afterward. Some weeks I have more days like that than I care to admit. For the most part though, I cook at home and I love it. We have lots of favorite things that we get when we eat out and I love coming home and finding recipes that are similar or creating my own. It is definitely cheaper to cook for a family of five than to take us all out to eat. We have two teenage boys. Need I say more?
Fried rice is one of the boys favorite foods. They love it. I try to add it into the family meal rotation at least once a month. It really is easy to make, although I tend to be very messy when I make it. I guess I get a little wild with mixing and tossing my rice around in the skillet. ha! ha!
This recipe has garlic in it. It makes everything better. We use it ALL the time. I buy it in huge containers from our local Costco store. I highly recommend you pick it up. Most of the time this is what I use when a recipe calls for garlic. I know it would be better for me to chop up fresh garlic, but I am all about making things easier and faster. This is what the garlic looks like. It may vary by location, but that is what we have around here. We go through a couple of those jars a month. I told you we love garlic!
Anyway, I wanted to share our Chinese Fried Rice recipe. This is really close to what we get at our favorite local Chinese place. Try it. I think you’ll love it!
- 8 cups rice, cooked
- 1 pound cooked & chopped boneless, skinless chicken breasts(marinated in soy sauce)
- 2 cups peas & carrots, frozen
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 eggs
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ cup gluten free soy sauce
- Prepare rice according to package instructions to yield 8 cups cooked rice.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, peas, and carrots.
- Stiry fry until tender.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl and then add to stir fry. Mix throughout vegetables.
- Add rice and chicken.
- Stir in soy sauce and mix. Remove from heat and serve.
Have a great weekend!