Want to know what my kids favorite home cooked meal is? This is it. Shish Kabobs. They only like them with this marinade. It is absolutely DELICIOUS!
I found this recipe like 12 years or so ago when Logan was a baby and I had a subscription to Family Fun magazine. I was going to link you up to the original recipe on their web site, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I promise you that this one is worth printing and making right away!
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Prepare the marinade. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, soyr sauce, olive oil, sugar, pineapple juice and black pepper.
- To make kabobs, score the beef cubes by piercing each side several times with a sharp knife (this allows the marinade to penetrate the meat better). Add the beef and/or chicken to the bowl of marinade and stir to coat well.
- Marinate in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 8 hours), turning occasionally.
- When you are ready to grill, skewer the meat, then barbeque the kabobs over medium heat for 4 to 7 minutes per side (medium). Remove the skewers and serve.
*I apologize about the less than stellar images that I get on some of these “main dish” posts. I usually have vultures circling me waiting to eat while I am trying to take a few quick pictures for the blog.