One of my son’s loves pretty much everything that is chocolate. Unfortunately for him, the rest of the family aren’t big fans except in the forms of brownies and chocolate chip cookies. One night last week I decided it was going to be Noah night with his favorites. We had baked ziti for dinner (coming soon) and Oreo Pudding Poke Cake for dessert. Little did I know that we would ALL become huge fans of this oreo cake. It was delicious. I think in the end my husband ate the most and he isn’t a fan of chocolate or cake. Go figure. Seriously, you need to make this. It is super easy and so good.
If you aren’t a fan of using boxed cake mixes, please follow the directions on The Country Cook blog. She makes her cake from scratch. I am sure it is delicious too! Sometimes, you just need a quick and easy family dessert so a cake mix version fits the bill! Either way you can’t go wrong!
- FOR THE CAKE:
- Devils Food Box Cake
- Ingredients needed to make cake according to box
- FOR THE JELLO FILLING:
- 1 4.2 oz. box of Oreo Jell-O Pudding
- 2 cups of cold milk
- FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2o crushed Oreos for topping
- Bake cake in 9x13 pan according to boxed cake instructions.
- After cake is done, let it cool for 10 minute. You want it warm, but not hot.
- While the cake is warm, use the rounded end of a wooden or plastic spoon to poke holes all over.
- Mix Oreo pudding and two cups of milk quickly. Do not let the pudding set up. Pour pudding over cake and into holes.
- Cover and put in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- After cake has chilled, make whipped cream with an electric mixer with whisk attachment.
- Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake. Then sprinkle the crushed Oreos on top.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Country Cook.
I know you are going to love this. Be sure to come back and leave me a comment with how it was!