One of my favorite memories growing up is eating homemade snow cream. Have you done that before? It has now become a tradition with my kids as well. Actually, my middle son loves to just pick up handfuls of snow and eat it. I prefer it in the form of ice cream. 🙂 My husband makes it the best!
Since it isn’t winter, we have to settle for regular ice cream in our handy dandy Cuisinart ice cream maker. I am NOT complaining about that though. It has churned out some mighty fine delicious ice cream for us! Like my recently posted Heath Bar Ice Cream. Today, I am sharing one of our favorite recipes. This is our version of Oreo (or cookies & cream) ice cream. It is creamy and delicious with small chunks of your favorite Oreo cookies.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half & half
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Oreos, chopped into small pieces
- In a large bowl, combine everything together minus the Oreo pieces. Mix well.
- Pour it into the ice cream maker and make according to your machine’s directions.
- A few minutes before the ice cream is finished, mix in the Oreo pieces.
- Once ice cream is done, take it out and put it into a freezer safe container.
- Freeze until it is at your desired consistency.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you should seriously think about getting one. We make so much more ice cream now that we bought a new one where we don’t have to mess with that rock salt, etc. I highly recommend this Cuisinart Ice Cream maker. There’s nothing like a good batch of homemade ice cream.
You won’t believe how much fun you can have with your own ice cream maker!
I’ve got lots more fun ice cream recipes to come!
What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream??