I have an amazing recipe for you today. Key Lime Pie is one of my favorite desserts. I love how light and refreshing it is. This recipe has just the right amount of tartness to it. I can see us making this one a lot, especially on hot summer days.
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs, crushed (about 12 squares)
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ¾ stick of butter (5⅓ Tbsp)
- 3 egg whites beaten
- 2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- ⅓ cup nonfat greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush the graham crackers in a food processor.
- Add sugar and butter and mix into the crushed graham crackers.
- Press 1 Tablespoon graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a tart pan or cupcake liner.
- Bake for 5 minutes to harden the crust.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg whites, condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest, and greek yogurt. Mix well until smooth.
- Fill the tart pans or cupcake liners about ¾ full with the mixture.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes and then let cool.
- Top with whip cream, lime zest or other garnish. Store in the refrigerator.
*Adapted from original recipe found here.