I promised you that I would post our favorite meals on here, so today I am sharing our Homemade Spaghetti Sauce.
First, I have to tell you that it has been a busy week. I am so happy that the weekend is FINALLY here. You see, my husband has been away all week on business in China. I hate these long international trips. China is awful because he’s asleep when I’m awake and vice versa. Being down one parent around here has definitely left me running around like a crazy lady! I had plans of getting quite a few recipes loaded, but that obviously didn’t happen! Oh well, leaves me more to share next week! 😉
One of the great things about spaghetti is that most people like it. Now, of course, people have different preferences as far as marinara sauce or meat sauce, etc. We are a meat sauce family. This recipe is so good and I love it because it doesn’t require hours of simmering. I hope that you love it too!
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 2-28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp sage
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil or ¼ cup fresh basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 bay leaves
- Brown ground beef in a large sauce pan. Add onions, if using, and cook until tender.
- Drain ground beef and set aside on plate.
- In the large saucepan, now add all ingredients (minus the meat) and cook on medium heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add in ground beef and let simmer together for 3-4 minutes.