Since we have already established that I really think Mexican food should just have it’s own food group, I thought I would share my favorite recipe for Homemade Guacamole! This stuff is beyond delicious. My hubby is usually in charge of making this because I just think his tastes awesome. Not to mention, I love watching that sexy man in the kitchen. 😉 You need to go and get all the ingredients to make this soon. Like VERY VERY soon! You can then come back and thank me! Believe me, you will. Yum!
- 3 Haas avocados, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded & diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 1.5 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a large bowl, add the scooped avacado and the juice from the lime. Toss to coat well.
- Drain the lime juice but reserve it for later.
- Add the salt, cumin and cayenne pepper and mash well with a potato masher.
- Next, fold in the onions, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic. Add in 1 Tbsp of the reserved lime juice.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- Let refrigerate for one hour and then serve. If preferred, you can also serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Alton Brown.