Football time is back! It’s also a long holiday weekend. Are you ready? Do you have your snacks all lined up ready to keep everyone fed and happy? If not, let me tell you about a snack that everyone will LOVE you for. This stuff lives up to its name. It is so addictive. My hubby can’t get enough of this stuff.
Do you have big Labor Day plans? My kids are so ready for a long weekend. I am excited about this weekend because my husband is off for EIGHT days. Oh the projects he can help me get done around the house. 😉 I better not say that too loud or he will end up “having” to go back to work! As for the weekend, we will be doing some swimming for sure. It’s suppose to be a hot one and we need to get in a few more swims before the water gets too cool. I am absolutely positive that the grill will be fired up too. My main goal for the weekend is family time. That is hard to come by with two teenagers and a ten year old social butterfly.
Now print this recipe and head to the grocery store to get anything you need to make it. I know you are going to be coming back to thank me for this one!
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 bag (7.5 oz) Original Bugles corn snacks
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- ½ lightly salted cashew halves & pieces
- Preheat your oven to 300°.
- Spray a large rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, toss together Bugles, peanuts and cashews. Slowly drizzle syrup mixture over snack mixture; toss with rubber spatula until well coated with syrup.
- Pour snack mix into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir well again. Return to oven to bake for 12-15 more miuntes or until lightly browned.
- Cool mix completely in pan on wire rack. Stir several times to separate pieces while cooling.