I have been so excited to share this recipe with you for an Easy Cheese Danish. It is a Starbucks copycat recipe and I know you are going to love it. I had never tried this kind of danish before, but one day when we were at Starbucks my husband made me take a bite of his. I actually liked it. A lot. I get cravings for them now. We are out of town right now at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville and I might have had one already. I mean there is a Starbucks right here in the lobby. How convenient is that??!!
If you ask me, the more cream cheese filling the better so I load these suckers up. You can adjust it to your liking very easily.
Let me know what you think when you try these. We love them! 🙂
- 1 can Crescent rolls
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1½ Tbsp. of beaten egg
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat your cream cheese and sugar until nice and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and beaten egg; mix until well combined.
- Open and unfold your crescent rolls. You will want to create squares by putting two triangles together and pinching together the seams to make one square. Do this with the whole can.
- Once your squares are made, spoon your cream cheese filling into the center of each square. Fill to your liking, but don't overfill as it will run out the sides when baking.
- Make egg wash by combining 1 egg and 1 Tbsp of water in a small bowl and beat.
- Brush the edges of each pastry square with the egg wash. Fold each corner in towards the center until they almost touch each other. You can also connect them if you want.
- Transfer each pastry to the lined baking sheet. Do this very carefully!
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.