Have you tried the Steak n’ Shake Double Garlic Cheeseburger yet? Oh my goodness. It is definitely one of the best cheeseburgers I have ever had. I think one of the reasons that I love it so much is because…
a) I LOVE me some garlic
b) It is so different from burgers you get at other places
c) It has a lot of garlic… did I mention that already? ha!
I seriously CRAVE these burgers. I knew I couldn’t keep driving across town every time I got a craving, so I set out to make my own version.
Theirs is a double steakburger with two very thin meat patties and two pieces of cheese. I chose to do one thicker meat patty with the two pieces of cheese. Then we both add a big spooful of garlic butter spread on top of the patty, followed by a little melted butter and generous sprinkling of garlic salt on top of the bun.
My husband grills the best burgers you will EVER EVER taste in your life. He gets all the credit for grilling this bad boy right here. His burgers are sooooo incredibly juicy.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- garlic butter (homemade or prepared)
- garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 12 slices of american cheese (or any cheese you prefer)
- 6 hamburger buns
- Spread garlic butter on the insides of a hamburger bun.
- In a skillet over medium heat, place the buns with the garlic side down and toast them.
- Set aside buns when done.
- Pat out the hamburger patties into the desired size.
- Preheat your grill or a skillet to medium high.
- Once preheated, cook your hamburgers until done to your liking.
- Add cheese in the last minute while your hamburgers are cooking and let it melt well.
- Place your cheeseburgers on the bottom bun. Spread just a little more garlic butter on top of the burger.
- Place the top bun and brush on the melted butter.
- Lightly sprinkle the top of the bun with garlic salt.
- Devour and enjoy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ - ½ tsp garlic salt (adjust to your liking)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, minced garlic and parmesan cheese.
- Then add in the salt, italian seasoning, black pepper and paprika.
- Mix well and use as desired.