Everyone already knows my extreme affection to anything cinnamon. If you are a cinnamon fan too, you MUST make these Cinnamon Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting. Like right now. This very minute. They are so moist and yummy! Doesn’t that frosting just look divine? I might have grabbed a spoon and eaten half of it before I ever started frosting these. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I baked these in the New York Baking Company Silicone Baking Cups that they sent me to review. You can find my review about them here. I love using silicone baking ware because everything bakes so evenly and I never have to worry about the bottoms or sides getting too dark.
- 1 pkg. (18¼ oz.) golden vanilla or yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Line a muffin pan with paper baking cups or silicone baking cups. Set aside.
- In your stand mixer, beat together the cake mix, pudding mix, water, butter, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla on low speed. Mix until just moistened. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups to about ⅔ full.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Remove and let them cool completely before frosting.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 box (16 oz) confectioners (powered) sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- In a large bowl on medium speed, beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla extract. Mix until well blended.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground cinnamon and the confectioners sugar.
- Gradually add the cinnamon/sugar mixture to the butter mixture and beat until well blended. Be sure to scrap the bowl well.
- Add the milk and beat until light and fluffy.