Homemade Churro Ice Cream. Did I save the best for last or what? As we wrap up my “mexican theme” week here on the blog, I thought I would share another favorite treat. Doesn’t it look amazing?? As I always say, anything with cinnamon is going to be great, right??!!
One of the things I love about Churros are the fun memories that they always seem to bring to mind. They remind me of carnivals and fairs. Those remind me of fun childhood days. Who doesn’t love carnival food anyway? Imagine my shock when I realized my kids had never eaten a churro before trying this ice cream! Obviously, I need to introduce them to fair food ASAP!
Seriously, is that not making your mouth water? Look at that delicious caramel dripping down the sides? Yum!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Churro Caramel Coffee Creamer by International Delight
- ¼ cup white sugar, granulated
- ½ tsp vanilla paste (or extract)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ** caramel ice cream syrup (as shown) for topping when serving
- In a large bowl, combine everything together. Mix well.
- Pour it into the ice cream maker and make according to your machine's directions.
- Once ice cream is done, take it out and put it into a freezer safe container.
- Freeze until it is at your desired consistency.
- When serving, drizzle with caramel ice cream syrup, if desired.
Love ice cream but Churros aren’t really your thing? How about trying my Oreo Ice Cream, Heath Bar Ice Cream, Root Beer Ice Cream or Cinnamon Ice Cream? They are all DELICIOUS!
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, get one. I highly recommend this Cuisinart Ice Cream maker.
You won’t believe how much fun you can have with your own ice cream maker! I’ve got lots more fun ice cream recipes to come!