My daughter requested a chocolate chip cookie cake for her birthday this past year. I was a little disappointed when she asked because I LOVE a good bakery cake piled high with butter cream frosting! However, I am all about spoiling these angels of mine so she got exactly what she wanted!
After her birthday, we all started to crave those darn cookie cakes. We made quite a few trips to the local cookie company which were not cheap. I decided that I had to figure out the perfect recipe to make these at home. I scoured the internet and settled on this one. I made just a couple very small alterations and it turned out PERFECT!! We were all so excited!
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ dark or light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Spray a 12" disposable aluminum pizza pan and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed in a large bowl. Mix until light and fluffy.
- In another large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- While mixing on low speed, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Keep mixing until the dough comes together well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Now press the dough into the pizza pan. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Let the cookie cool completely.
- Frost with butter cream, if desired.
** If you use dark brown sugar, your cookie cake will have a deeper flavor. We use light brown and love it. It's personal preference!