I don’t know about you, but sometimes I like a quick and easy snack that I can make for the kids after school. This is one of those recipes. I LOVE that it uses a cake mix rather than having to measure out flour, sugar, baking soda, etc. This makes it so much quicker and less messy to make!
The neat thing about these bars is that you can dress them up any way that you want. I added m&m’s here. You could always add nuts or butterscotch chips, etc. Just have fun with it. Since they are made with cake mix, they are so moist and chewy.
I know that cake mix is a processed food. I do try to make things from scratch when I have time. Let’s face it though, some days are just super busy and I don’t have enough spare moments for that. I figure every once in a while isn’t going to be detrimental. I know some of you don’t feel that way, so we will just agree to disagree. 😉
I know the suspense is killing you so here you go! 🙂
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I use Pillsbury Golden Butter)
- 1 small box Jello instant vanilla pudding
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup mini m&m's
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding, water, vegetable oil and eggs and mix well.
- Next add in your m&m's and chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- Pour the cookie batter into a greasted 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place bars in the oven and bake for 20-30 mins.
- You want them to look golden on the edges and slightly undone in the middle.
You might also like…