One of Noah’s absolute favorite meals are Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers from Chili’s. They stopped serving them here, so I went on a mission to find a recipe to duplicate them at home. They have quickly become one of our favorite meals that we eat pretty often.
As you probably already know from reading this blog, I am all about time saving when it comes to preparing things in the kitchen. Yes, I like some of the more involved recipes, but sometimes you just need a quick and easy dinner. That is where this meal comes in.
I buy a package of frozen Kroger or Tyson chicken strips or nuggets to cook up in my deep fryer. Then I make this sauce to pour over it. Yummy! If you prefer to cook the chicken from scratch making your own batter, breading, etc. – go for it. I have done it a few times too. You can find the original recipe on Food.com.
- ⅔ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons ground chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine all sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the sauce over the top of your chicken.
- Toss gently to coat it.
- Serve and enjoy!