Let me start off by saying I never thought I would be posting a granola recipe. I’ve never met a granola that I have liked. Then I decided to try these Snickerdoodle Granola Bars and everything changed. I can’t stop eating them. We’ve already established that I am a complete cinnamon addict so when I saw the ingredient list I knew I had to give them a try. By the way, I do promise I will share lots of non-cinnamon recipes too!
The texture of these is what sealed the deal for me. They were so incredibly moist and chewy. The best part is that they are healthier than Snickerdoodle cookies too!
Here ya go…
- 2 cups Quaker Quick Oats
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Oat Bran
- 2½ tsp Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Use an 8x8 baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, oat bran, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream of tartar, and salt.
- In a small bowl, add the butter and honey. Microwave until the butter is melted and honey is thin.
- Stir vanilla extract into the honey butter.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until oat mixture is well coated. (If it looks too dry, you can add tiny amounts of honey until desired texture).
- Press mixture into baking dish.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours prior to cutting to set the bars.
- Store bars in an airtight container.
Have you tried these yet…
Do you have a favorite granola recipe? I would love for you to share in the comment section below. I am excited to try more now!