You know how you have those favorite family meals? The ones where everyone in your family likes it so it becomes a regular in your home. That is the case with these Cheesy Chicken Taquitos in our house. It can be really hard sometimes to find something that all five of us like, but there’s not one complaint when these are on the table. They really are so good! I have to admit that I am a huge fan of mexican inspired food so I always love when I find a new recipe to add to our family cook book.
Is your mouth watering yet? Mine sure is!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 can rotel, run through food processor
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. green onion, chipped finely
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- 8-10 small flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Soften the cream cheese for 15-20 seconds in the microwave.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese and rotel. Mix until they are blended well.
- Add cumin, shili powder, lime juice, and salt. Mix well.
- Add shredded chicken, mexican cheese, green onions, and cilantro. Stir until all is well combined.
- Add a line of chicken mixture about an inch from the edge of the tortilla. I use about 2 Tbsp or so of mixture per taquito. Repeat with each one and place on baking sheet making sure they aren't touching one another.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until they are lightly browned on the edges. Remove from the oven and serve.
*Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites.