I mentioned in my last post that I have a new fondness for International Delight creamers. I have so many recipe ideas swirling in my head that they have been keeping me up at night. I just can’t wait to make all of them!
When I spotted the Almond Joy creamer in the grocery store I immediately grabbed it and knew that I had to do some fun things with it. I mean who doesn’t love chocolate, coconut, and almonds? Then you put them together and they are heaven! Well, unless you are like my hubby and don’t like coconut. Which I just can not understand.
These cookies are so soft and delicious! Yum! You can adjust the amounts of chocolate chips, coconut and almonds to your liking too. I say the more the merrier.
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Shortening
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Almond Joy Creamer
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or Vanilla Extract)
- 2¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1½ cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut (I use sweetened)
- ¾ cup Almond Slivers
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and shortening. Add the sugars and beat until creamy. Add the egg, creamer, and vanilla, Mix well.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt just until mixed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, coconut, and almond slivers with a spatula.
- Scoop ¼ cup of dough and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes (baking time may vary).
* I use a stand mixer for these as it makes baking life so much easier!